Monday, November 22, 2010

My Sassy girl (2008)



My Sassy girl turned out to be an 'okay' movie although I expected more
from it. The way the story went had me rooted but eventually it failed
to keep me occupied as there was a lack of emotions and the apparent
emotional touch that should be normally present in any romantic movie,
was missing. The separation between the two protagonists should have
been a little more touching which as a matter of fact didn't happen
because of the lame performance from both of them i.e. Elisha Cuthbert
as well as Jesse Bradford ( No offense .... but I still think it could
have been much better ).
I have been told that the actual Korean movie from where this flick was taken was far better than this one as it possessed a lot of emotions plus a great performance by the actors. You would enjoy the movie half way through albeit eventually you would
realize that wasn't a damn good reason buddy ! Plus I hate to mention it but the old man spoils the fun in the last moments wherein he deliberately mentions that the letter would bring her down in tears which suggested it to be a pretty good god damn letter, which it wasn't. So that was a party pooper which fell on real hard spoiling the fun altogether. Well although Elisha Cuthbert happens to be one of my
favourites (I can't rate her movies just because of that eh !) I would
give it a 5 on 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment