Wednesday, June 15, 2011

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Matthew, the mighty, Vaughn. I've seen all four of his movies and I must say he has never disappointed me so far. Layer Cake is still the most mind-boggling movie of all times. I can't get rid of Stardust from my mind and Kick-ass is the finest flick I've ever come across and my collection still retains it(Waiting for the sequel Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall, keeping my fingers crossed for that). Matthew Vaughn was definitely the guy I'd go for, that was the first reason why I wanted to go watch the flick.

Actually, there were a couple of more reasons why I wanted to see this movie real bad.

James McAvoy, reason no.2, with awesome movies like Wanted and Atonement to his name, 'him in the boots of Charles' - I was a bit inquisitive.

Reason no. 3 - Magneto, My favourite character in the X-men saga (with Cyclops sharing the same position in the list) I was not sure whether Michael Fassbender was the right person for it(But you know what? He was impeccable as Erik.) 

Reason no. 4 - The awesome trailer and the trailer's music. I couldn't help humming the music every now and then. 

Reason no. 5 - Kurt's(Nightcrawler's) father Azazel, I was looking forward for this guy because Marvel Comics had manifested him as one of the most powerful mutant(teleporting in a different dimension even in the Mutant Chronicles is no joke, Right?) Although they modify the story every now and then (Geez !!! what about the part where Mystique falls in love with Azazel in Germany and conceives Nightcrawler?)

Reason no. 6 - The Oscar nominated actress Jennifer Lawrence(for Winter's Bone) had bagged the role for Raven? "CURIOUS"...........!!!

Reason no. 7 - Rose Byrne, I am watching her movies ever since I saw her in Troy and Wicker Park. Was looking forward to watch her as the famous Moira MacTaggert.

Reason no. 8 - Kevin Bacon, Although the trailer 'hardly' showed him hither and thither, I was looking forward for his role as Shaw and guess what he proved to be the finest of all! Reason no. 8 - A big fan of Marvel Comics and the X-men saga. So no questions there.

Some great acting by the entire crew with the HellFire Club's lead Kevin Bacon as Shaw, Riptide(he never spoke, dumb-ass! What up), Jason Flemyng as Azazel(now that's called skillful), January Jones as Emma Frost and of course the X team as well with Nicholas Hoult as Beast, James McAvoy as Charles, Fassbender as Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique etc. The movie was kick-ass and worth watching. The screenplay was brilliant. Vaughn, no words to express his direction and Kevin Bacon along with Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment