Thursday, September 23, 2010

She's out of my league (2010)



Jay Baruchel plays the character of Kirk who is a failure in the game of love and who is rated a 5 by his friends who also rate Alice Eve as a hard 10 ( dude she deserves it!). The movie is about a guy who thinks the girl is out of her league and that he won't be able to get her however the girl takes an interest in him instead. Kirk's lack of confidence (as Baruchel depicts himself as a total jerk) and of course the ratings of his friends lowers down his expectations and makes him question his self-esteem. He keeps on considering the fact that he did not deserve a girl like her in his life. There are some funny moments in the movie as well. The scene at the dining table and the one in the plane were really humorous. I fell of my seat at the spot when Jay Baruchel abuses his entire family after a long speech and tries to get off the plane but ends up sitting next to them with the middle finger of Dylan (his brother) at his face. I found Kyle Bornheimer really funny. His lines were great and I found myself laughing out loud. Kirk was at times pathetic with his demeaning acts but if you are in the movie you will definitely get used to it. The theme of the movie was good which I think carried the movie through. There were some great hilarious moments in the movie thanks to the presence of his friends like Stainer and Devon. Overall the movie deserves a 7 as a romantic comedy. I'd recommend all the movie lovers to go for it as the movie is really worth watching. Guys will definitely fall in love with Alice Eve which I think is a surety watching my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment